I promise I am not dead.
Who knew that getting this many people crammed into a building was so freaking hard?
Things I learned last week and this week:
- If you tell a rude girl you are in a sorority and she is going through rush she not only straightens up but her mom considers slipping you cash. No actual bribery ensued, but man oh man the attitude changes...
- Keys have key codes on them. Apparently for a reason.
- 300 wet Pride members and their parents don't want to hear that we are out of bed loft kits...
- It only rains in August when you need it to NOT rain in August.
- A staff of 25 undergraduates will move heaven and earth for you if you put pizza on your credit card at 11 pm.
- Putting the wrong labels on the wrong packets with the wrong keys 400 times creates some work on the back end. Sort of a lot of work.
- The "be professional and don't cuss in front of your staff" rule does not apply before 7 am and after midnight.
- I can exist on a lot less sleep and a lot less food than previously discovered. Yeah people, LESS THAN RUSH.
- Telling a mom that said bed loft kit is not considered a maintenance emergency does not make said wet Pride parent happy. Sort of at all.
- Having your birthday in the middle of all of this is NOT FAIR. Worse than rush.
This job is hard and I hope I will come out of this cave of work soon. I promise I will return phone calls, see my long lost nephews, and generally be a better person...around about September probably...
LOVE YOU ALL! PRAY FOR ME!