Tuesday, September 02, 2008

It's--Yet Again--Football Time in OKLAHOMA.

So most of you reading this sad little attempt at a blog understand my football fever. You know that I watch ALL football and am a true fan of the sport as well as specific teams. I have been watching pre-season nonsense and even found myself watching Rutgers v. Louisville yesterday like it was important to me.

But there is something different about Oklahoma football (caveat: different for a Sooner; I assume it is run of the mill for those not bleeding crimson [side note: coincidence that EVERYONE bleeds crimson? I think not.].) So I'd like to give a little run down of my next 3 months of life...

August 30: OU v. Tennessee-Chattanooga, (W, 57-2)
So we played a cupcake. A big one. OK, so we played a high school cupcake. Everyone has a cupcake on their schedule and these things happen. I will blame the BCS for taking strength of schedule out of rankings because blaming the BCS is universally accepted practice.

September 7: OU v. Cincinnati
Not as big of a cupcake. They almost won the Big East last year, and while the Big East is no Big XII, still a respectable match up.

September 13: OU at Washington
Anytime a Sooner travels to the Pac 10 everyone should feel a shiver of dread because those people are slightly shady. Pac 10. Hah. THEY USE THEIR OWN REFS AT HOME IN INTER CONFERENCE PLAY! Ok, got that out...

September 27: OU vs. TCU
Ah, the giant killer. Don't think we've forgotten the home opener loss TCU! Don't think we have! WE HAVEN'T!

October 4: OU at Baylor
Oh Bears, will you ever beat anyone in the Big XII ever again? Could we please trade you for Arkansas and have a CRAZY good South region?

October 11: OU vs. Saxet, Dallas
No words needed. Must win.

October 18, OU vs. Kansas
Now this should be FASCINATING. We haven't played Kansas for Homecoming since I was the HC chair in 2004 and then it was a gimme. Mangino? Are you threatening to eat more babies if they don't win? Can you repeat last year? CAN YOU?

October 25, OU at Kansas State
The team that has knocked off South perennial powerhouse Texas not once but TWICE in two years also serves as Stoops former home. Should be a game of it....

November 1, OU vs. Nebraska
Nebraska at home. It does not get much better for historically trained Sooners; my Papa has been nothing if not thorough in my education of hating Nebraska.

November 8, OU at Texas A&M
Let's face it, playing in College Station is not high on anyone's fun list. They have tricks! The stadium sways! It's not right!

November 22: OU vs. Texas Tech
So the Tech quarterback threw for over 500 yards in Tech's first outing this year. That's not right; those are Madden numbers not real live game things. So we're going to need at least one more safety in the secondary....

November 29: OU at Oklahoma State
Oh Bedlam, will you be moved to Thanksgiving Day and ruin our family holiday? Perhaps.

December 6: Big XII Championship in Kansas City
Who will we meet? Will it be you Missouri and your upstart Heisman candidate with a bad attitude? Will it be you Kansas with your "it wasn't a fluke" chip on your shoulder? Ron Prince, is this your year? WHO WILL IT BE???

7 Comments:

Blogger tigerdrea said...

Simmer down my sista.

3:56 PM  
Blogger Abby said...

I think you forgot an important detail regarding the Tech game.

9:08 AM  
Blogger Erin said...

Simmer down? That wasn't at all pointed! I didn't trash talk anyone!

1:51 PM  
Blogger Erin said...

Abbs, I was talking about FOOTBALL, not FANS at particular games...

1:51 PM  
Blogger tigerdrea said...

just empassioned. I'm dropping football and picking up on the Thunder!!

6:44 PM  
Blogger Ally_H said...

Thanks for the recap of all upcoming Sooner games ... though I do not bleed crimson, I find your commentary entertaining! :)

GO CATS! (Said with Love!)

8:19 AM  
Blogger TransplantedOkie said...

Here I am in "Terp" land. And while "Hell in a Shell" is pretty stinkin' funny it's still not fooball like Big XII football.

5:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home