Tuesday, September 23, 2008

La Casa

So I am almost ready to post house pictures. You all know how I am...very impatient for things to NOT be a work in progress and just be done for the love of everything already. And I don't like before and afters. Not my friend.

My friend Larissa moved out this past weekend after her "I need somewhere to stay for July" two and ahalf month visit. It was cool, she and her sister bought a house so she had to wait for closing day. But that means I got my whole house back...

I think the "guest room" has officially become the boys' room. Partially because Theo refuses to call it anything other than "MY ROOM" even when Larissa was staying in it and partially because the toys have outgrown the bin and so are now artfully gracing a bookshelf. Attention Theo and Max: I think I need some artwork from the two of you for the top of the bookshelf...Wouldn't that be cool? So that room is 3/4 done. Sort of.

The BEST part: I bought matching bookshelves, put them all together myself, and FINALLY unpacked my books. Oh, how I've missed my books. And they look GREAT in their new shelves. So the office is about 3/4 done. Sort of.

AND I got the swatches from the furniture company I am in lvoe with. Somehow my taste has far outrun my checkbook--shocking, I know--and I need to find someone else who will make me a loveseat that doesn't cost more than my car is worth. I'm funny like that.


Whew.

4 Comments:

Blogger TransplantedOkie said...

Can't wait for pics!

5:13 PM  
Blogger Dad on the East Coast said...

Will there be pictures before Thanksgiving?

4:50 AM  
Blogger Abby said...

I'm so excited! I can't wait to see it!

10:15 AM  
Blogger Dad on the East Coast said...

Again, I ask about the possibility of pictures before Thanksgiving....the last time I saw the house, it was empty!

5:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home