Sunday, March 01, 2009

So, been a while...

It turns out I am a bad blogger.  Who knew??  (Ok, all of y'all...)

I've had a couple of thoughts about recent events in the life of yours truly...I thought I would take this time to share...

1.  Working in the dorms = weirdest job EVER.  I mean, it is turning out to be Law and Order: SVU style.  Let's review: kid with short term memory disorder (I fondly call him Memento Kid) that I keep having to give terrible news to...repeatedly because he doesn't remember it; girl who had a BABY in the BATHROOM because she didn't KNOW she was PREGNANT (it is safe to assume I m raising my volume with the caps...I raised my volume a lot on this one); kid I had committed because he was hiding thing in ceiling tiles...  WEIRD.

2.  I'm not sure this Ph.D. thing is worth the application process.   BLECH.

3.  Lori (Shelton from back in the day...) and I are now the OKC Area Phi Mu Alumnae Membership Chairs.  We have no idea what we're doing and we're slightly not convinced we're old enough.. remember when all alums were OLD?  We're OLD now!?!?!!!

4.   I am recently obsessed with the TV show Bones.  And the British version of The Office.  Also, did you know you can watch tv for free--all tv, not just whatever the networks might have--on hulu.com?  The things my staff teaches me!  

5.  I need an iPhone.  Possibly to watch hulu.com.

6.  I recently converted to Dave Ramsey's "cash only" lifestyle in an attempt to figure out how to manage my money and how much I have.  Turns out still don't know and not enough.  :)

7.  I am considering getting rid of my DVR and digital cable.  I KNOW.  But I think it might be eating my life...

8.  I am not sure everyone who reads my blog (all three of you) know that I rub my eyebrow off when I get stressed.  JK... the three of you all knew that... anyway, huge hole in it now from taking the GRE.  Left eyebrow is for sure MIA.

9.  I need to know the difference between wine chic and nautical buttons.  Napa in May is potentially the girls trip of a lifetime and I am concerned about the wardrobe.  I mean, not THAT concerned, it IS going to be an educational experience in alcohol...

10.  I don't really have a 10 but I don't like ending on 9...

5 Comments:

Blogger tigerdrea said...

TV is eating my life. And I'm wicked impressed with you and this job. I can't even imagine tending all those souls. I'm overwhelmed with these 2 little souls here.

5:30 PM  
Blogger OkieGran said...

oh my....so glad you are back writing again...I check everyone's blog every day that I can get on line to do it. Don't know if I among the three that "know" about your eyebrows or not...hope that left one returns soon keep up the good blogging! hugs..gran h.

6:15 AM  
Blogger Dad on the East Coast said...

i read your blog

6:58 PM  
Blogger upwiththesun said...

I will love you, eyebrows or no, Wiggins. Just in case you needed to be reminded of what an important
place you have in my heart!! Hang in there...spring break means only about 9 weeks left until summer vacation!!!

3:51 PM  
Blogger Abby said...

I read your blog too!!!!

7:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home